Saturday, September 26, 2009

Birth and Baby Class

Josh and I took our "Birth and Baby" class this weekend. My insurance company has this healthy pregnancy/birth program where you have to take 3 free classes (a pregnancy class, birth and baby class and a breastfeeding class(all of which the public has to pay for) and then all of the prenatal OB and delivery of the baby only costs $100! We joke that little guy is our "clearance baby", because we are saving thousands of dollars with this program. I am glad that we "have" to take the classes, but I am not sure I could convince Josh to go otherwise. One of my friends/coworkers, Beka, is due about a month after me, so we signed up for all the classes together. I think that the boys really appreciated this, having someone to goof off with. Our instructor used a lot of humor, so the four of us laughed our way through. Josh was traumatized just a little bit with all of the information he learned and the videos he watched.


Beka and I learning baby care
(gender appropriate babies of course)


Josh getting comfortable with some basic skills like diapering, swaddling, bathing and position changes.


Chris and Josh and the boys


This was a face I got a lot as Josh learned about the messy birth experience and "fun" things to come after!


So that's what the pillows are for!
We got a letter in the mail telling us to bring 2 pillows, Josh asked "What do we need pillows for?", I haven't ever done this before either so I said "I can only imagine from what I have seen in the movies". The pillows were used for propping so WE could practice breathing and relaxation when WE are in labor!


Just funny


Josh, Leigh Anne, Beka and Chris

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics. Send them to me so I can post. Beka

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a feeling little caleb is going to look more like the baby chris was holding... beautiful blue eyes and not so tanned skin! lol!! :) it's getting SO close!

    ReplyDelete