Thursday, September 17, 2009

33 week update

While I was at work on Tuesday night, I started contracting. One of my doctors was there so, I went into an empty L&D room(had I not been a nurse there, I would have had to go to triage and get registered and all that jazz) and got on the monitor-the same kind for the NST to see how often I was contracting and see how little guy was doing with the contractions, she checked my cervix(still closed, which it should be since I am only 33 weeks) and did a FFN(fetal fibronectin) lab test. If that test is positive it means nothing, if it is negative it means 97% chance that you won't deliver in 2 weeks. Mine was negative, so even thought I was contracting it is not really doing much. She just encouraged me to drink lots of fluids...which sounds like no big deal, but that means I was in the bathroom all night-not a fan!

I had my regular doctors appointment the next day on Wednesday. Weight gain and baby's heartbeat were good. I am measuring 37 weeks now, my doctor said "no wonder you are starting to contract, your body thinks your term". We have scheduled another ultrasound to check little guy's growth for Friday, October 2nd. Yeah, for another ultrasound! Then we are looking at possibly inducing labor at 37 weeks, the real 37 weeks-not the I-am-measuring-37weeks(which would be the week of October 11th). We are still doing the NSTs every week, and they are going great.

Oh, and I have been meaning to ask my doctor to "special" me since I found out I was pregnant but havent for one reason or another. I am pretty sure she knew it was coming but I finally did it yesterday! She quickly agreed! For her to "special" me, means that she will be my doctor and delivery me even is she is not on call. This is just one of the benefits of being a L&D nurse! Now...which nurse do I want to special me....

No comments:

Post a Comment