Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hoarding

Hoarding is NOT okay in many situations. But when it comes to feeding one finicky little girl, it is quite normal and acceptable!

P1110156

Ansley drinks up to 4 ounces at at time. And usually she has about 5 bottles per day. That’s about 20 ounces/day. (give or take a extra finicky meal or the occasional, and I mean occasional binge.)

P1110178

I usually make double(sometimes even triple what she needs) and that’s where my hoarding comes in. I store the milk in 6 ounce bags.

P1110174

Last I counted I had about a 100 day supply. My goal is to have enough milk to be able to stop pumping but be able to feed her until she is one. You need to use the oldest milk first, so a couple of months ago, I organized my whole freezer  in reverse chronological order, so that the older milk was on top. (That’s how I new I was at the 100day mark!)

2012-01-19 17.08.35

Lets just say I think I’m close! My brand new deep freezer is full to the brim, AND I have about 150 bags at two different friend’s houses.(Thanks Bethany and Jennifer). I am guestimating that I have about 550 bags now.

P1110170

I will be so happy to finally be done with pumping and not have the hassle of the time constraint, the extra dishes for the pump parts or the bag packing that has to occur to go anywhere, including bed!

P1110180

Now we just have to keep your fingers crossed there is no crazy power outage problem this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment