Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pumping world

My life these days is centered more around pumping than anything else.  Josh thought it was bad when I pumped 1-2x/night a couple of nights a week with Caleb(when I was at work). I thought it was bad too. We were both really not looking forward to that part of breastfeeding. Our worst nightmare,pumping wise, has come true! I pump 8-10x per day. I have been for over a week now. It not only takes the actual time and annoyance of pumping(15-60min at a time).  But you can probably add hours of dishwashing now too.

P1080474

On a SUPER positive note though, I think that I might be getting ahead of her! Since I started pumping after every feeding about a week and half ago, I would have only one bottle in the fridge. The bottle that I just pumped, ready for the next feeding, and usually I would have to pull some of my frozen milk out to get the right amount that she needed. But just since last night I have 4+ bottles ready to go! I am so excited and hopeful! Praise God! She is still nursing for about 10minutes(every now and then she gets herself extra time added to the end if she is actively eating) and then takes about 2.5oz. Although she does “demand” an extra ounce every now and then.

P1080476

But look at that cute little face. She makes everything worth it!

P1080440

No comments:

Post a Comment