Thursday, September 22, 2011

Praise God!

Our celebratory picture with milk all over Ansley’s face! I couldn’t get downstairs fast enough to share(and show) our good news! Ansley just wanted to keep eating!

P1080520

We had a truly successful breastfeeding! And when I say successful, I mean swallow after swallow after swallow, with a choke in the middle, add 3 extra minutes and a burp at the end SUCCESSFUL! And when I pumped afterward I got 1oz less from the side I feed her on! (side note: when I fed her on Tuesday at my Breastfeeding support group, she got 0.3oz from me!)  We have had a couple of good sessions but it would be like a total of 2-3 swallows the whole time.  We have been praying for Ansley like crazy! And Praise God, we can say Thank you Lord! We are still a bit away from loosing the bottle but I am thankful for every little success! I was singing “Cast all your cares” and “How great is our God” over and over the whole time she was eating trying to remain calm and relaxed(Penny, our smart start nurse, said that when you aren’t relaxed it shuts off the milk flow), and to remember Who is in control.

Sorry for another Breastfeeding post, but as you can tell feeding our Little Miss is running our lives right now!

“…and again I say rejoice!”

1 comment:

  1. This post made me cry! We are rejoicing with you guys!!! So happy! Every tiny step forward is worth celebrating!

    ReplyDelete