Sunday, September 25, 2011

Go BIG or….

go hungry!

2011-09-25 20.43.01

The epiphany: The lactation consultant we saw once(at the very beginning of the feeding struggle) suggested we use the nipples and bottle on the right. She said that it would be better because Ansley was eating so little, that way we could really monitor(better more exact measurements) how much she was actually eating. So I happily switched from the bottles that I had(Avent) to the free disposable hospital bottles. She takes those bottles great, the only problem is she still won’t breastfeed.  Where does my epiphany come in? “I" look nothing like the nipple on the right! Avent nipples are known for being good to use with breastfeeding because they resemble(believe it or not!) a mom.  Ansley HATES and I mean HATES having the nipple flair out.  She acts like she acts when she breastfeeds when she tries to drink from the Avent bottle.

The plan: To take away all things that don’t have the “boob flair” and make her make the transition. If I can win her over to the Avent bottles then I will have won her over to the boob.

The immediate future isn’t looking so fun. She is going to fight us and feedings are going to take FOREVER! I told Josh that we need to really support each other and not cave, especially in the night, and go back to the small nipple(which includes the hospital paci she takes too). Oh, when is this feeding struggle going to end?

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you LA. I can't imagine how hard it is or will be to put 'the plan' in action. I'll be praying for your sweet baby girl too, for her to learn to love to eat from the source!

    ReplyDelete