Monday, August 24, 2009

Babymoon

BABYMOON: a vacation taken by a couple that is expecting a baby in order to allow the couple to enjoy a final trip together before the many sleepless nights that usually accompany a newborn baby. The term babymoon comes from the more traditional term honeymoon, which is a vacation taken by a newlywed couple after their wedding ceremony.

Josh and I took our babymoon this past weekend. We went to North Myrtle Beach. We stayed in an ocean front hotel, and even though our room was on the side of the building, we could still see the beach from our room. There is just something to waking up and opening up the curtains and seeing the ocean. The rip tide was really bad this whole weekend, so there was no swimming. The lifeguards only let you in to your knees. I am not much of a ocean girl anyway plus being pregnant, it really didn't effect me. Josh, however, loves to spend the whole day in the water. This time he had to just look at the big waves and imagine. We did take our chairs down to the water and spent a lot of time having the waves cool us off. This was officially our last vacation just the two of us without kids...bittersweet!



As soon as we got down to the beach, Josh was down checking out the water!



Just enjoying the sun from our little spot on the beach!


I had to get creative to get comfortable on the beach, I used many towels to prop myself and for the first time we brought chairs.


Just the two of us enjoying time on the beach! You wouldn't imagine the looks and comments I got from random people. It's a baby, people!


We also bought an umbrella, which I thoroughly enjoyed!


Caleb and I enjoying the shade!


It was a little on the hot side but the breeze was so refreshing.


Josh and I went to this really cool restaurant on Saturday Night. The atmosphere was great and we really enjoyed ourselves.


While we were waiting for our table we were relaxing on this picnic table swing thing. The weather was perfect and the patio overlooked the water.


It was an all you can eat buffet with crablegs! Yummy!


Did I mention there were crablegs!!?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment