Monday, July 13, 2009

Doctor Update

I had a 24 week appointment today. I have had a slow weight gain until now, so I think I was hoping for more of the same. I had only gained 4lbs at the 20 week appointment(the books say to gain 10-14lbs by then), so I was thinking 4 more from the 20-24 weeks. I got on the scale and the nurse quickly moved the bar over to 150...I think NOT. We started laughing...my eyes got really big and I said "a little confident on that weight, huh"(she did move it lower after that!!), she said she wished she had a video camera because of my facial expressions. I am fine on my overall weight gain, because I was so slow at the beginning, but I definitely can't keep up this last months gains. Blood pressure check was great. Then Dr. Richardson listened to Karl's heartrate, perfect, of course! This was the first time that I got to hear his heartbeat increase with movement(that I could feel). That is a great sign of health. She then measured my tummy...ummm...well...about that. He is measuring big now, so they have scheduled a ultrasound (August 3rd) to make sure everything is well with his growth and fluid level. I was having a lot of heart palpitations, around my last visit, so they check my thyroid level. Everything was fine with that too. They had me see a cardiologist just to make sure nothing serious was happening. Things have seemed to slow down in the palpitation area now. Not sure if they are happening less or if I just don't notice them as much. Reguardless, everything is normal.

Please keep us in your prayers:
1. For Karl's size/growth and fluid level would be normal
2. Peace for us about Karl's health and wellbeing

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good check up! If they do decide that you have high fluid levels then I'll have to give you my take on that. I have my own suspicions as to why mine where so high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name Karl with a "K"! We'll be praying that all is well.

    Love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete