Thursday, August 11, 2011

Full Term!

37weeks baby! We have made it to the final stretch.  Although the final stretch is probably the most exciting, it is also full of the most unknowns, and uncertainties, full of insomnia and fatigue and last minute planning.

My ultrasound this week showed a very expressive little girl. She was full of smiles, pouts and funny faces. She is head down and in the right spot. She is measuring about 5lbs now which is tiny(25percentile, Caleb was 95% and born at 8lb.11oz)).I wont know what to do with a little peanut!  However that crazy placenta is still too close. 2mm too close. The doctor was ready to throw in the towel and schedule a csection. I am not ready to do that. Dr.R had a meeting with the other 3 doctors in the practice and they all agreed to let me have a “trial of labor”. Basically meaning we will try to let me labor and if the placenta starts to bleed too much then we would go back for a csection then.  My thoughts are that 1. I am hopeful that in the next few weeks we will meet the 2cm requirement/recommendation. and the 2. It is not an exact measurement using the ultrasound. For example when they measure the size of baby they could be off a pound either way. I don’t want to have a scheduled csection just because of some error or miscalculation.

If I need a csection, then I need a csection. And I will be fine with that THEN. I guess we will find out in the next few weeks.

We have routine doctor’s appointments in the meantime and will have another ultrasound when I am 39weeks.


On another note. The nursery is coming along quite nicely. There are still a few little(cute) details that I am waiting on to be able to call it complete but this might be as close as we get for a while.

This is the view from the door. What’s missing? The valences that we ordered like 2 months ago. They are similar to the crib-skirt but wont get shipped until the 20th for some crazy reason. Also on the wall above the crib(right) will be wooden letters that Aunt Nicole is making. Those are going to be super cute.

 2011-07-28 15.40.50

The Rocking corner. What’s missing? A set of 2 shelves on the left wall with little picture frames on them(ones we used for our wedding). And then on the right wall will be a couple or three black picture frames that will have maternity/newborn pictures in them.

2011-07-28 15.41.28

The chair was also a hand-me-down. Josh was helping some friends from church move on day. One of his jobs was to take this old rocker to the dumpster. As he was walking it out he was like what they heck am I doing, and took a little detour to his car. A little love and some white paint later it fits perfectly in her room. We had the tables and lamps in our guest room prior to the renovation. I think they fit in quite nicely.

2011-07-28 15.42.05

Our cute little crib. This was a hand-me-down gift from Mike, Marty and Ann. Thank you so much. We added(and by “we”, I mean Josh) white paint to the original light wood. What’s missing? Ansley!

2011-07-28 15.41.52

The guest room side. What’s missing? Picture frames for the walls and of course our valence. The white iron bed has been mine since I was little and was my great grandmothers before that. And the white whicker furniture was also in my little girl room. The bedding was a find by my college roommates back in the day(TLC’s trading spaces was a big hit and they redid my room one night,haha, who knew that it would match perfectly with my daughter’s room)

2011-07-28 15.44.32

A little detail that I envisioned in my head but needed the help of Susan to get it to actually turn out. Love this detail.

2011-07-28 15.45.43

I am hopeful to have some of the missing links done before baby but I am ok if they are not done.  The clothes and baby gear is all ready to go and organized and I have all her cute monogrammed clothes with matching hairbows(and headbands just in case) ready to go with us to the hospital!

1 comment: