Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Children’s Museum

We finally bit the bullet and became members of the local children’s museum.  It has been too hot to do to much outside and Mommy and Caleb needed something fun to do. We have been thinking about doing this for a while because the year pass will come in handy when it’s too cold to take Ansley outside and we are looking for something to do!

I sent Josh this picture of when we first got there. Caleb was playing in the market. The response I get: “Harris Teeter is free!”. Nice, huh! Well, it would be except that Mommy always finds something we “need”. Seriously though, he had a great time pushing the little cart and putting the plastic food in his cart. He was a big fan of apples and onions. Weird combo.

2011-08-03 11.39.32

He is getting a new love for trains. It’s a boy thing I guess. He says “Choo Choo”! Which is impressive since it’s not a “b” word, I love it.

2011-08-03 11.47.21

Next to the little train table is a big train. He loved it. There is a button that makes the choo choo sound. He found this hat and was wearing it on his own accord for a long time. I got the fit when I tried to take a picture, of course!

2011-08-03 12.10.04

Playing in the airplane. “Buttons”

2011-08-03 11.52.202011-08-03 11.52.582011-08-03 11.53.29

In front of the airplanes is a big open space. Today they had balls and tunnels out. Caleb walked, and I mean walked by himself from one side of the room(which is HUGE!) to the other to climb up the stairs to play in the cockpit again. I couldn’t believe it!

2011-08-03 12.06.43

We had a great time and can’t wait to go back for more fun!

Oh, and the consensus from the other moms there was that being pregnant and having one is harder than having two. They said “You’re in the hardest part now!” Yippee. Whether it’s true or not I don’t care, I am BELIEVING it! (so don’t burst my bubble!)

1 comment:

  1. Not bursting your bubble - I totally agree that being pregnant and having one is more difficult than two - in many ways! We'll have to plan some children's museum play dates :)

    ReplyDelete