Monday, November 15, 2010

Food Allergy Mama

Yep, that’s me! Well not the original, author one(that’s Kelly Rudnicki) but I am a Mama that has to worry about every ingredient my son comes in contact with.

When I first found out that Caleb was allergic to everything, I ordered this cookbook. (recommended to me by one of my patients) We got his birthday cake recipe out of it but since I didn’t make his cake I had never used it. But today I made home-made, from SCRATCH pancakes and strawberry muffins! (toot toot- that’s me tooting my own horn!) Caleb ate them up! It was so nice to not have to worry about if he was going to have a reaction, because I made them, I knew exactly what was in them. They were really easy and pretty darn tasty. I was impressed.

 

P1070044

I went the no syrup route for C, but I enjoyed mine with a little drizzle.

P1070047

I just happened to have frozen strawberries in the freezer! (you can add any berry)

P1070055P1070053

I am not joking, I swear I heard Caleb say(clearly) “yum-A”. We always say “yummy” around meal times, so it’s quite possible that he was trying to say it.

YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment