Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mommy's Top Ten

(in no particular order)

1. Itzbeen. We both agree "itzbeen" a lifesaver! We still depend on it every day. It has died or gotten reset a couple of times on accident, and there was a bit of panic trying to remember when I had fed him last. Love it!

2. Cradle. Ours of course is beautiful and handmade. But really any one will do. I think I would have been happy to keep him in our room until he was walking! But Daddy made me move him to his crib. Caleb just makes the cutest little sounds when he sleeps, I do miss those now.

3. Hooter Hider. It's really called that. My breastfeeding cover. Stylish, concealing, and practical.

4. Lansinoh breastmilk storage bags. They are very easy to use. We probably have 60 or so bags in our freezer. #11 on my list would probably be a deep freezer, if we had one. Maybe or next purchase?????

5. Diaper genie elite 2. A must have for your nursery. I would almost consider having 2, one for downstairs too. We didn't use it a first when he was a newborn trying to save it(the liner bags are a little pricey) and his nursery really started to stink. The "elite 2" part means there is a step, hands free way to open it.

6. Pack-N-play. My beloved pack-n-play, Oh how I love you so.! We have it set up downstairs for our diaper changing area and naps. Plus its just so cute. We will be taking it down to travel with it for the first time next week.

7. Burp Cloths. We have cute designer ones. They are really cloth diapers, with a little decorative fabric and some embroidery! Because they are really cloth diapers they are very absorbent. I am a burp cloth snob, and I know it!

8. MyBrestFriend. A breast feeding pillow. I didnt want to use this at first because mine was a handmedown one with a denim cover. (sorry if you like denim, I personally think the 90's were calling and wanted their denim back!) Once I got over the denim, it was awesome! Josh even used it at the beginning when he fed Caleb the bottle. I love the boppy just not for breastfeeding.

9. Strollers. Our first one is the metrolite. It's the one that matches our carseat. I love the pattern and it is great because our carseat just snaps in and it is very light and easy to use. Our newest one is the City jogger. Love that one too. I must say I love walks! Oh and we might have bought a cheap(used off of craigslist) double stroller for our Nanny(yes, Jennifer, you are a Nanny!) to use with Caleb and Russell. And we can use it if we ever babysit another baby(Maybe #12 would be our babysitting Co-op, another must have!)

10. Consignment Sales. My most favorite, cutest clothes of Caleb's are from consignment sales. They have them twice a year(fall and spring) at local churches and you get cute and cheap! Can't wait for the spring edition. I did the fall edition while I was still pregnant and not really knowing what I liked or would want.

1 comment:

  1. You and Josh both have great lists! (In fact, I may make one myself!) And I'm sure your "nanny" will love the double stroller, if she can ever get it together to use it! ;)

    ReplyDelete