Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Goodbye Covertside

DSC_0004

My grandma, Meme, is selling her house that she has had for almost 50 years. When they bought this house, the mortgage was around $100/ month. It’s a gorgeous house but its even more wonderful for all of the memories that it holds.

DSC_0001

I’m not one to have any attachment to houses. But this one’s got me!

DSC_0005

I don’t know how big the property actually is, but as a kid I would have guessed it was a million acres! Woods all around, I never knew they even had neighbors. Its probably closer to just 2 though! ha.

DSC_0006

The courtyard was good for playing and wonderful for little picnics.

DSC_0007DSC_0009

The kitchen is all outdated but has more love than I can explain. And there has been more carrot cakes and chicken tetrazinis made there than anyone can count.

DSC_0011

The family room- where you can see birds and bunnies and even some deer. There is a tennis court back there too, where tons of “tournaments” were held.

DSC_0012

This house has so much character. Its two stories and a basement. The whole thing just screams Meme and Paw.

DSC_0014

We went to say goodbye and take some treasures. Our biggest treasure we got was time. Time there and time with Meem.

DSC_0021

We did also snag a wooden duck, a “60 isnt old if youre a tree shirt”(haha, its from Paw’s 60th bday), a kids 10 commandment plaque, a pair of baby shoes and a carrot cake. We tried to sneak Meme, but she wouldn’t fit in our bag!

DSC_0023DSC_0029

Caleb immediately saw Paw’s “cowboy” hat just like he did almost 2 years ago.

DSC_0030DSC_0013

He never met Paw, but I’m sure he will recognize him one day in Heaven!

DSC_0033

Meme and her great grandkids in the dinning room. She has 30 grands and 14 greats!

DSC_0050DSC_0055

Some of my favorite memories are at the breakfast table.

DSC_0057

Meme and Paw teaching us about devotions and how to believe! They had this prayer that they would say everyday. It about listed everyone in the family and everyone they knew. I will have to get Meme to write down what she remembers of it. I could still join in at parts, I think!

DSC_0058DSC_0061

Meme reading our devotions. The latest book is “Jesus Calling”.

DSC_0065

Goodbye, Covertside. Thank for housing generations of LOVE!

DSC_0168

No comments:

Post a Comment