Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Neurologist

IMG_0271

We went to see Dr. H, the neurologist today after much concern and push from her pediatrician, Dr. O. I was very scared to take her because I didn’t want to have another diagnosis or have to do a MRI and sedate her like we did with Caleb.  Dr. H was VERY gentle and good with Ansley. He was very encouraged about what she is doing. He was very sure she didn’t have any syndrome. He even listed things that he thinks are positive, including her sitting up, her tone and her curiosity! He is calling it a “mild developmental delay” right now and just wanting to do therapy like we did with Caleb. BUT NO MRI is needed at this time! Praise God! Dr.O also wants us to see an Ophthalmologist because he thinks Ansley’s eyes are crossing. Dr. H wants us to keep the appointment(which is tomorrow) but thinks that its really pseudo…something. Basically meaning it looks like her eyes are crossing but that they really aren’t. Her nose is what is tricking us! She also has an emerging side to side balancing reflex which is something that needs to be developed.

I don’t know if you guys remember when I was pregnant with Ansley, they thought that she might have down’s syndrome. We prayed and prayed that she would be healed of that and that she would be born normally.  I am choosing to believe that she was healed of it however we are left with a few traits that down’s syndrome kids have. Like her inability to nurse, trouble eating, trouble with weight gain, her wide bridge of her nose, possible eye crossings, and developmental delays. I know its something hard to wrap your head around. Did God really heal her? Why if the down’s syndrome was removed from her, was she left with these other obstacles? Our God is a wonderful loving, powerful God and I know that he has His hand on our little girl’s life! It’s really mind boggling because when I thought that Ansley might have down syndrome when I was 9 weeks pregnant, I was most worried about her not being able to nurse. Funny how everything works about, why wasn’t she able to nurse? Maybe we will know one day in Heaven. I will add all this to my list of questions for God!

 

For you created my inmost being;you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful,I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

We are hoping to get our therapist back that we used for Caleb. We LOVED Mrs. Kristy and Ms. Kim. That is such a process to get therapy going, so for now, it’s Mommy and Daddy! Trying to remember all we did with Caleb.

IMG_0217IMG_0220IMG_0221IMG_0211

And one more picture, just because she is CUTE! Thank you God, for our little Ansley girl!

IMG_0215

No comments:

Post a Comment