Saturday, December 11, 2010

New Accomplishments

Caleb Loves playing Peek-a-boo. It’s really funny. He isn’t a quick peeker either- he holds his hands (or other object,whatever he has) for quite a long time. You would be impressed, you would think he forgot he was playing but then PEEK, he shows you his eyes and big smile! Josh does this thing with him too, where he will put his one hand over his one eye like he is totally flabbergasted with you. It’s cuter than it sounds. Ask him to do it for you when you see him next, he will do it on command. 

Here is Caleb playing “Peek” with Mommy after one of his naps. His eyes are closed only because of the flash.

2010-11-29 10.51.25

The process of teaching Caleb sign language involves spoiling him to really teach him the cause and effect of it. If you ask or tell us what you want-you get it. I think we need to get a new technique now though. He now can sign hat(taps his head),eat(he either taps his mouth or puts his fingers in his mouth upside down), more(claps), want(hits his chest or rubs his hand down his jaw line). When we took the baby sign class almost a year ago, they told us that babies would adapt and do their version of the sign. Most of his signs are pretty close to the real deal, except his want(version #2). That one is a Caleb special.He is actually mixing hat and want making more of a give it to me now! Its really cute. I love it when he signs. Other things he does in the hand communication category is clap(for yeah!), the pat and point (he will pat my back and then point with pointer to what he wants or where he wants to go, definitely a Mommy favorite!) Here is a picture where he had asked for cheerios. We’re not so good with moderation around here!

P1070086

We are also making some gains in the verbal communication front. He can say Mom/Momma(sometimes in a funny accent, we usually get the funny accent in the morning when he is desperate to get out of his crib), hat(of course), more and now ELMO. I think I am going to write that his first REAL word was Elmo, because the Mom is kinda of babble most of the time although I can point to a picture of me and he will say it, and hat is more of a hhhhhhhhhhaa. But he definitely does all of Elmo, pronouncing it in two distinct parts-EL…MO. Ok, maybe I will list the top 3. More is the latest addition. Oh, I love it. We were trying to get him to say Elmo on video the other day. He said it a couple of times but didn’t come out very clearly on the video camera. Daddy is holding the little Elmo, that I bought for decoration for his birthday party, and big Elmo is on the floor between them.

P1070087

I was trying to hold out until December 27th to do a 14month update, but we are so excited about his new accomplishments and I am afraid I will forget to mention some of them.

Oh, how I love that boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment