Monday, February 2, 2009

Leigh Anne turns 28!

I have a birthday tradition to go the Melting Pot. I love it! So on my actual birthday(Thursday) we went. Josh made reservations and we enjoyed a romantic date night. We were thinking about just doing cheese and chocolate but we (ok I) caved under pressure and we did the entire fondue for two(for those of you who have not been...that includes salad, meat and veggies too). When Josh got off of work on Friday we continued the celebration, and headed to Virginia for a weekend full of snow skiing. If you don't know- birthdays get celebrated for a whole week! It's so much fun saying "It's my birthday week", you can get away with anything, or really NOT doing anything! On Friday evening, I had the car packed and ready to go. Actually, it was packed, running and had dinner(Wendy's) waiting for Josh to get home. To say the least, I was very excited to get out of town. We drove to Waynesboro, VA, which is about 4 hours away. We skied at Wintergreen(about 30 minutes from our hotel) all day Saturday (including some night skiing) and all day Sunday. We had so much fun! There is a long time joke about Josh and skiing. Josh and I went skiing in 2006 in Utah before we even got engaged, and have been talking about going skiing again ever since. He had never been before Utah but kept saying "I'm an athlete, I can ski", but he was awful. But this time, he did great! I was really impressed! He didn't fall too many times, which I think made it more fun for the both of us! After skiing Sunday, we had to come home. We made it home in time to see the Superbowl 2nd half!

1 comment:

  1. I think we might have to steal ya'lls tradition of a birthday week. I like it.

    ReplyDelete