Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dr. R

I had my 2 week appointment with Dr. R. to check out the incision. I don't really have a problem with having a scar, but having a "wound" really freaks me out! I am NOT a wound nurse! At the 24 hour mark after delivery, I had to take off the dressing in the shower, after a breakdown, almost passing out and Josh getting soaked, I finally got it off! Under the dressing were steristrips over the incision. I was told that they should fall off or if they didn't at the 2 week mark to go ahead and take them off(there were 12 of those little buggers!). It took me 2 days, almost passing out in the shower(again...), and Josh "quitting" because of my shinnanagins... I finally got them off just in time for the appointment. I just knew Dr. R would make fun of me if I couldn't get them off. She was very sweet and said you could have left them on and I would have taken them off! NOW YOU TELL ME!!!

While I was there I got to get a couple of pictures of Caleb with the doctor that delivered him. I meant to get these pictures at the hospital but I forgot. Thank you Dr. R for getting us a healthy baby! Even though a c-section wasn't in my/our plan, we appreciated and trusted your expertise!

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you on the care for the incision! I felt physically sick trying to take all that stuff off. At least you got through it.

    ReplyDelete